Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pink skies in the morning and an AWARD

Pink skies in the morning.

Pink skies in the evening.

When I opened the door to leave this morning for work, beautiful pink skies greeted me. I had an extra moment, so I ran back inside to get the camera for a picture. And then this evening, I noticed a rosy glow out the window and there it was, pink skies this evening. Click on the pictures for a larger view, if you wish.

I have been getting so many wonderful new visitors to my blog lately and I think it's got something to do with that little black box! I've discovered many new blogs, some that I will keep returning to visit, and lots of lovely comments from bloggers from Great Britain. It's so good to hear from you!


Today, I've also won an award. It was presented to me by a new blogger named Adventure Girl Wanna Be. She's given me the Dog Lover's Award and I do love dogs. Especially my George. So, thank you Adventure Girl!
I'm going to pass this award on to Dlyn, whose Riley does his own posts occasionally. And I'd also like to award Russell at Iowa Grasslands, whose Bailey also does posts from time to time!

Thanks again, Adventure Girl. George sends his thanks, too. Well, not really. He could sort of care less. He's been too busy making sure the cat wipes her paws before she comes in the house these days. He's turned into the paw police here after he got yelled at for making the floor dirty when it was actually the cat who did it!

Until tomorrow, my friends.

24 comments:

dlyn said...

Aw - how cool is that? Riley is thrilled right down to his toes! And me too - thanks Kate :)

abb said...

Congrats on the most deserved Doggy award - guess I should be congratulating the uncaring George as well!

Stella-Dog regularly take Trey-You's (the cat) head in her mouth so Trey-You knows who's boss and who lays down the rules. Trey-You took exception to this the other day and laid open Stella-Dog's nose. Much as I love Stella-Dog, she certainly deserved that!

Deb said...

Great photos. You should join Skywatch Fridays where we post photos of the sky. Stop by my blog and scroll down to last Friday. The link will be there.

Carin said...

Those are some great shots! And how cute you got a picture of George being the paw police.

Jeannelle said...

Congrats to you and George!

The Black Box thing is cool! Thanks for pointing it out!

Shimmy Mom said...

Good George! Gotta keep those cats in line! Congrats on your award. Those pink skies are amazing.
*hugs*

Adventure girl said...

Cute post!
Cute pets!
I did mean you;) you sign your posts: "Country Girl";)

The "other" Country girl is "Dreams of a country girl" for which I like, but she doesn't not have George;)

I know my country girls;)

virtualjourney said...

Came by Black Box - lovely sky photos!

Country Girl said...

Welcome to Virtual Voyage. Glad to meetcha.

Deb, I already partiipate in Sky Watch, but do it from the other site I have. It's called A Picture A Day and the link is on the side bar here.

Adventure Girl, what was I thinking? Of course you know your country girls!

Thanks, all! Have a great day. It's nice and chilly here.

~ C.G.

Mary said...

Now if you could only get him to sweep...

Congrats on the award! And your sky pictures are lovely -- just the thing to start off the day. Nice and cool here this morning -- yay!
xoxo,
Mary

Mental P Mama said...

That is the fittingest award ever! Congrats, and thanks for the beautiful morning eye candy;)

Unknown said...

Such beautiful photos as always.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award. I love the way George looks at the cat and cat looks at him. Great picture.

CJ xx

Russell said...

Okay! Congratulations on that award - well deserved!! And I sure like that morning sky!

Take care.

Tess Kincaid said...

Beautiful sky pix...what was that saying the sailors used to use to determine the weather by the red skies? Congrats on the well deserved awards! :^)

Anonymous said...

Love those photos!

George is cracking me up.

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful blog. I especially like the image of George. He is so photogenic.

sheila from life @ #17 said...

wow...I love a beautiful sunrise, but nothing beats a beautiful sunset...thanks so much for sharing :)

Daryl said...

Much deserved and I love that photo .. your cat and my Gus could be twins!


:-Daryl

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Oh, my... I bet the cat LOVES that! She''ll find a way to exact revenge, no doubt. That's a great photo, by the way.

Egghead said...

Those pink sky photos are beautiful. Congrats on the awards....you deserve them.

Country Girl said...

Welcome to Sheila from #17. Glad you stopped by.

Also welcome to Michael Skorluski. Big compliment coming from an accomplished photographer as yourself. Thanks.

Thanks to all. Love you.

~ C.G.

Woman in a Window said...

Ha! What a vigilant dog. Mine would be so vigilant he wouldn't want to take the chance that my cat might dirty the floor. Instead he'd simply eat her. Oh, poor kitty. Hence the gate at the top of the stairs. N'er the two shall meet!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots. Good award.