Saturday, September 13, 2008

Encourage one other

If any of you have visited Donna Boucher's Quiet Life blog, or seen her guest posts on Pioneer Woman's photography section, you know her mantra is to "encourage one other". And I love that.

In the course of traveling and visiting other blogs, every so often I stumble upon one that either touches my heart, or fills my soul. And this morning, I'd like to share one such blog.

It's called Gardening with Turtles and is a fairly new site that began in July of this year. Written by Maria, who lives in Kansas, it's filled with her nature photography and wonderful writing. I have no idea what sort of photographic equipment she uses, but her photos are lovely, especially those of her two resident turtles. She is also into vintage post cards which I find quite charming. I 'met' Maria when she commented on one of my posts on my Picture A Day blog, specifically the one about the praying mantis. So this morning, if you have any time at all, please stop by and say hello to Maria and tell her I sent you, ok?

I am sopping wet today, having just returned from a walk with George. It didn't help that I found a leaf covered in tiny dewdrops and got onto the ground to photograph it. I am always ruining my clothes with grass stains and it's why I only walk in my (crap) pants.

It rained yesterday and all last night was terribly humid. My husband took out the window AC units last weekend, despite the fact that he lives with a menopausal woman who has hot flashes all the time. I don't have a huge issue with this, but did rely on my AC units for Saturday morning cleaning time (which I should be doing right now rather than writing this post~)

And I realize that this post is full of links, but sometimes that's fun, isn't it?

Have a happy day, everyone. And to those along the Gulf Coast, I am thinking of you.

Until tomorrow, my friends.

12 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

I am so into pioneer women right now! I'm reading Lillian Schlissel's "Women's Diaries of the Westward Journey". These brave women, our foremothers, are so inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! Just popped over to Gardening with Turtles! What a great find. Thanks for sharing!

How's the hand doing?

tj said...

...I too love Donna's mantra but I also love yours too Kate..."Until tomorrow my friends" - I love that! What a great way to sign off to folks visiting... :o)

...Off to see "Gardening With Turtles"...

...Happy weekend Kate & Hubby!

...Blessings... :o)

Anonymous said...

I am going to check out the links, thank you so much for that!

Country Girl said...

Hi, Willow. I know. But Pioneer Woman isn't a real pioneer. Unless you want to account for the fact that she lived with a silver spoon in her mouth before she married a cowboy. Anyway, her site is extremely interesting!

Kacey, no problem. You're always highlighting new blogs, too. What goes around, comes around. And good to see you too, Cathy at Noble Pig.

TJ, I have always loved your mantra and don't think I've ever told you. I feel truly blessed every time you end your posts with "blessings". So, it's all good, isn't it?

~ C.G.

Anonymous said...

Hey Country Girl

Thanks for stopping to say hi when you widgeted through!

Always nice to meet new bloggers and visit their blogs.

Take care

Anonymous said...

Another comment, 2 martinis later...

Do you know if you type in chroni into google...it suggests your site?? It's like Google is reading my mind...

Redzlan aka Tabib said...

Hi Country Girl!

Very well done, and I see a few entry about birds as well.
I'll read about it later.

Trixie said...

You never have to worry about the heat in the UK, even though we had a suprisingly hot day today, top of 20c, lol.

Mental P Mama said...

That Gardening with Turtles is fantastic. I have just spent 30 minutes there...how did you find her?

Country Girl said...

MP: It was actually she who found me. She left a comment on my praying mantis post over on the Picture A Day blog that I have.

Hi, all!

~ C.G.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.