Sunday, June 29, 2008

George keeps his cool

Hot day in Maryland on Saturday, but it's been much worse than this. Today was a good day to stay inside in the air conditioning and we got a so much done. We went through the whole basement today and got rid of a lot of things that were old and useless, and just generally cleaned up down there. It was nice and cool and it went pretty smoothly.
Headed outside for a walk afterwards and came back dripping wet. The humidity was through the roof! But luckily there were no deer flies. Those things are awful, the way they dive bomb and buzz around your head and when they land . . . they leave a big welt. The only thing good about them is that they're a little slower than my nemises, the fly (see a few posts down) and therefore easier to kill. A flyswatter isn't needed. Don't you love all these fly facts?
George didn't seem to mind the heat all that much. He loves a nice walk and enjoyed getting hosed off with cool water when we got home.
I took these pictures of him this evening and then we went for a bike ride afterwards. George's favorite new thing is running parallel to a bike and it's quite nice, actually. We go down the paved back road and follow it up through another horse farm that's located nearby. It's a Standardbred place that emcompasses a lot of acreage both in this area and across the main county road.
Ah, George. I love ya.

15 comments:

Shimmy Mom said...

George is such a cutie!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Awwwww... you know I LOVE all the photos of George. What a cutie. Georgie has the most expressive little face. Is his fur as soft to the touch as it looks? I want to bury my face in his fur and nuzzle. There is nothing like the company of your best friend at your side. Oh, and I love the new header Kate. I change the look of my blog often too. I get bored with it and need a frequent change in scenery. LOVE the colors, Kate! You are quite the talented photographer.

Mental P Mama said...

Summertime fun...love the new header!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous George, and I love the marigold!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

love george he is beautiful!
love the marigold header pic and the new layout is good...

dlyn said...

Aw - George is such a cutie! Loving the new header too!

Country Girl said...

Thanks, everyone. I'm loving the marigold, too.

And Debra, where is your blog? I can't find it on your blogger profile page. In answer to your question, yes, George is really soft. I keep him clean, too, because I love petting him. I love having him by my side. He's really a good companion.

abb said...

Your new header is wonderful - just love marigolds! And that George - what a love! Obviously loosing his manlyness hasn't affected him in the least. Good!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Hey there Kate. My blog is www.georgiarectors@blogspot.com. Come visit me:)

Carin said...

Oh, I love George! I jumped from a few places to get here, I think from dlyn. Love your blog! Great pictures!

Pony Girl said...

George is such a photogenic dog!! So handsome with the amber eyes. My parents border collie mix has amber eyes and I think they are so expressive.
Like your bright new header, too!

RiverPoet said...

I'd love to meet George. In fact, I'd love for George to have a play date with Bodhi and Lily (my bulldogs). If you ever want to get together as fellow MD bloggers, let me know!

Peace - D

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Awwwwwwwww...the wonderful life of a dog! He looks so content! Yet ready when you are to go bike riding again...in an instant! He IS gorgeous! I love Marigolds too! Have a great Week!
Barb

Train Wreck said...

Love him, one of the fellas that works for my husband has a border collie! His name...is , Yee Haw! He is beautiful! I always pet him when they come over his coat is soo soft! They are great dogs!!

Egghead said...

George is so darned cute. You have captured him perfectly.