Friday, June 13, 2008

This jewelry is fun

There’s a fun jewelry store in a little town that’s just a short drive from the school where I work, and one day last week the art teacher and I decided to take a little break and head there. We told the headmaster that we were going out to run an errand and we‘d return soon. School is finished for the year and teacher meetings were over with and the errand I had to run was window-shopping. Hey, it’s an errand! Besides, I just needed to get away.
My friend, Kathy and her sister, Lori, own The Silver Buckle, a cool jewelry store in North East. It’s filled with interesting finds, and features Brighton handbags and jewelry. I hadn’t intended to buy anything, but couldn’t resist this fun pendant and for only $16, I can be the Fun Queen just like it says. Margie, our art teacher, picked it out for me and told me it fit me perfectly.
I’m still on my road trip with my friend, Karen, and I hope to have some good pictures for you when I return on Friday evening. I’m posting this through the magic of auto-post, which isn’t really magic but it’s fun to pretend. Geez, I guess I should take the necklace off now, right? On my mini-vacation, I hope to be doing what the 2nd picture is saying. Only not so much of the drinking, at all. The laughing is good, though.
Friday at 6 PM, I hope to have the Weekend Guessing Game back up, so stay tuned for that! I am still suffering through this Time Out that my internet company has me on, choking back my speed because I went over my download threshold. I think my son was downloading music while at the same time, my husband was on U-Tube looking at pictures of border collies performing cool tricks. I’m managing to post by getting up early when usage time is slow, and I miss visiting all your blogs. I heard the Pioneer Woman even had another name that photo contest and darnit, I even missed that. But I’m coping. Have a great Friday, everyone!

7 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Oh I love that! Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

come home and share pictures with us of your trip! Hope you're having a great time!

dlyn said...

Can't wait to see pics - love the necklace :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I need that drinkin' & laughin' pendant! Cute!

Anonymous said...

I went into this cool place one time with my sis it was called ritzy rags and glitzy jewels and it was all vintage stuff but we had fun playing dress-up. Have fun on you roadtrip and can't wait to see some pics.

abb said...

That pendant was just MADE for Cocktail Corner! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

It's also a different style in Jewelry. Like it!! Got my favorite designed Jewelry at Inspired Silver.