Saturday, June 21, 2008

Winner announced for WGG #19

Tammy at The Color of Home is this week's winner of the Weekend Guessing Game! She was the first person to correctly answer "a mushroom". Great job, Tammy. I like it when I get the perfect picture to use when it's not too terribly difficult, yet not too easy, at the same time. I'd like everyone to know how downright frustrating it is for me sometimes to come up with a picture that will mentally challenge you and yet is also fun. Great care goes into choosing exactly the right picture.
Well, not really.
To tell you the truth, last night around 5:15, I realized that it was, in fact, Friday evening and that I hadn't yet thought of anything for the weekend guessing game. I asked my husband if he could help me think of something I could use as a picture for the guessing game. He gave me a look that I took to mean, "who gives a s*it" but I know he really meant, "I don't know dear, have I told you I love you lately? and by the way, you look lovely in those little capri pants" and then he continued making dinner.
So I sat down at the computer and looked at my macro stock pictures and came across this single picture of a mushroom that I'd taken last month. And within 10 minutes, due to the amazing internet speed I now have, I had a post set up to automatically publish at 6 PM. Then I went to the licorice store. Someday I'll tell you why I call it that, but for now, my husband wanted some Corona. And if he's going to be making me dinner, this is the least I could do for him. Have you noticed how far I've digressed in this post? It's a pity how this happens sometimes.
Tammy has been a regular reader of my site ever since I started blogging. In fact, she and I both began our blogs within about a week of each other. Tammy lives with her family in Oklahoma and if you're looking for a fun game to play this weekend, check out her site. Her daughter has come up with something fun that my dog, George, thinks he might play. It's, well, it's different.
Thanks to all who played this week! Yes, it did look like skin, didn't it? Stay tuned to this blog next weekend on Friday evening at 6 PM when I post the next Weekend Guessing Game. Have a great evening, eeveryone!

4 comments:

abb said...

Didn't look at Tammy's comment and guessed mushroom as well. Hurray!!

Do you know whenever I go to comment, your site says "transmitting data from chaos-server"? With all the problems you've had lately, that is just so appropriate!

tj said...

...Congrat's to Tammy! You go girl!

...Yeah, don't feel bad, my husband would give me the same look if I even remotely asked him a question regarding my blog...lol... ;o)

...Blessings...

brneyedgal967 said...

Yay! Fun to win, but even FUNNER (even though that's not a word) to read your digressions. I'm sure you looked adorable in your little capri pants and that is exactly what he was thinking.

Grins.

Egghead said...

At least you got to go to the licorice store. I don't know why you call it that but it sounds like somewhere I would want to be....