Thursday, June 26, 2008

My new favorite

When I first saw this camera strap on this post on Donna Boucher's blog, "The Quiet Life", it caught my eye. And I wanted one, I really did. But just because I want something, it doesn't mean that I should whip out the credit card and buy it. That's not very responsible. I have to ponder it for awhile, weigh my options, ask myself if I'm doing the right thing, and then usually just forget about it.

Unless I've had several drinks and end up doing this. But let's not digress here, shall we?

Well, last week my husband went online to the rei.com site, and after over a year of searching for a new screen house, finally found what he wanted and bought it. Just like that. I mean, he showed it to me first, and we talked about it for a few minutes. And that's when I figured I'd get this jazzy little number for my camera. Not that I mind, terribly, the strap I used to have that screamed NIKON in big yellow letters. I just wanted something unique, and Emily Falconbridge's camera straps were just the ticket.
She's got several different colors and styles available and she's been rated 282 times on Etsy and 100% have been positive.
You can check them out here on Etsy.

Anyway, I love my new find. After all, I'm just a girl who loves cilantro and hates houseflies. Or maybe I'm just a girl who's standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. Quick! Name that movie and who said it. C'mon, you should know this one . . .

18 comments:

Minna Dyer said...

What a fun piece of "flare".
I love it.

The one I had in college for my old Pentax manual was straight from the sixties.
Hmmm. Where is that thing...?

Marchelle said...

LOVE that camera strap!! I must check into those!

Miss Julia Roberts in Nottinghill...I have it on VHS. hahahaha that sounds so old!

Pat - Arkansas said...

What a pretty camera strap. You go, girl! I vote for anything that will make you and your camera happy so you can keep taking those wonderful photos!

tj said...

...Ooo, love the new camera strap! So chic! :o)

...Blessings... :o)

Mary said...

Notting Hill, Julia Roberts.

Love that strap! Hey, can I come for dinner? The carrot salad looks delish. :)
xoxo,
Mary

dlyn said...

At first glance, I thought - "oh good, none of them are screaming at me to buy them." Then that Mexico one.....

Pony Girl said...

I will have to check out Etsy, I have heard so much about it. Your strap is unique and great, you deserve it.
I always do that too...I don't buy something I want really bad right away (unless it's the last one!) and if I am still thinking about it a week later, well, then I go get it. Usually the "moment of must-have" passes. Or, I just found something else I want more, lol!

gail said...

Nice! I have actually been meaning to make one but you may have motivated me just to order one.

Mental P Mama said...

Oh I love it!!! Might have to shop a little myself...

Shimmy Mom said...

I LOVE the new strap! I'm going to have to find one. I just got my first "non- point and shoot" and the bright yellow Nikon is already driving me nuts!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Oooooo...I love the new strap! I'll defnitely check them out. At first I thought the Nikon strap was cool. Now I'm ready to chuck it for something more colorful, fun, and "me". I never was a girl for name brands anyway. I never got jazzed about the label of clothes I wore. I was into comfort, quality and ecomomy.

I'm way too late to guess the movie. Nottinghill remains one of my top 10 faves of all time. My daughter and I are having a chick flick sleepover tomorrow night. We're going to watch The Other Boleyn Girl. We love period movies like Pride & Prejudice, Emma, The Tudors, and Phantom of the Opera. However, I digress. Thanks for the strap link, Kate!

Country Girl said...

Yes, Working Mom! (and everyone else who knew) it was Julia Roberts in Notting Hill. I loved that movie, especially the off-color roommate.

Dlyn, you really need to get the Mexico one. It's so cool looking.

Oh, Debra. I love a girls night with good movies. Love Pride & Prejudice with Keira Knightley.

Thanks everyone else. And yeah, Pony Girl. I do deserve it! So do all of you, ok?

Hey, Girl. New pic! Cute. I miss your old one with your tongue sticking out!

~ C.G.

Country Girl said...

Oh, and Mary: You're always welcome for dinner. Too bad we live so far away from each other!

~ C.G.

Anonymous said...

So it the strap comfortable? I had the regular canon one. Hated it. I got a freebie Smugmug one and it's kind of stretchy, so it's SO comfortable! Not cute like yours though... I like cute....

Country Girl said...

Kacey, I think it's really comfortable. I was worried that it wouldn't have a slip-resistor (um, that's a word I made up) and my camera would fall off my shoulder. But the strap stays secure over my shoulder because of the material she used underneath. I don't know what it's called, but it has a thick nap to it that helps to keep it stay put. Oh, and she has pink, Kacey.

Anonymous said...

Julia Roberts in Nottingham. We watched it again a few nights ago .

Anonymous said...

oops......I meant Nottinghill ..

Egghead said...

I took a look and those straps are great. I will have to think about this for a while but I am sure tempted to just hit that purchase button.