Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You won't remember a thing, Mr. Puppy

There comes a time in a young dog’s life when he might take a little visit to the vet and return with a little something missing. Well, a couple of little somethings missing. And that time for George is today.
My husband couldn’t bring himself to take the poor pup to have the deed done, let alone make the appointment, so it fell to me. Frankly, I didn’t think it was that big of a deal, but my husband says it will change him.
We’ll see. I’m just looking forward to my leg not being a love interest to him anymore, thankyouverymuch. And just tonight, during our little walk, our neighbor's dog, Natasha, the big yellow lab, was outside her fence. So George got to be with her for real and not through a fence! And what does he do? Well, he tried to well, I think you get the picture.

So, here's to George. May your surgery be trouble-free and your recovery be swift, my puppy friend.

19 comments:

Leslie: said...

I'm so glad you're hanging in there and posting for us. Poor George, but he'll be just fine and then you won't have to worry about half black & white and half yellow Lab puppies! lol

Hilary said...

Awww it won't change him. It will only change the way he sees your leg. Let us know how he's doing.

abb said...

Give old Georgie a kiss for me!

Pony Girl said...

Have I ever told you I think George is one of the most handsomest border collie's I've ever seen??! :)

Chocolate Cat said...

Wishing George a quick recovery!

Mental P Mama said...

{{{{{George}}}}} Feel better soon!

Treasia Stepp said...

So did I read correctly? You teased him silly the night before his surgery? LOL. Wishing George a safe and speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Oh poor thing! He'll be a new man-pup upon return...sort of.

Rebecca said...

i'm in love with your George! sounds like he's taken neutering in stride and is back to his normal self. my 7 month old bc was spayed a few weeks back and i hoped that might settle her down a bit, make her calmer, but nope. didn't work. still love her to death though.

I Am Woody said...

What is it with men and the refusal to neuter? My husband and my brother each refused to take their dogs for the deed. Maybe they feel like it is a breach of the "man code" or something!

Anonymous said...

Yes, like Lori said, it must be some kind of man thing to not be able to take a dog to be fixed.

Poor George! Hope he feels better soon.

tj said...

...Just look at it this way George, when you arrive home from the vet's office your brain will be in a better place... ;o)

...Give George a pat on the head, poor lil' fella...

...Blessings... :o)

Mary said...

Awwww, lots of hugs for George!
xoxo,
Mary

dlyn said...

Aw poor George. Riley sends him two paws up - and says it ain't so bad!

Donna Boucher said...

Thinking of George today.

Kate,
Did you get him from a breeder that you could recommend?

Anonymous said...

We had Rocky neutered at 6 months of age. He still has his "moments". So does his sister. Imagine that !! But I am so glad we did it. It did not change his personality one bit.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like George will be so spoiled when he gets home ... Get well soon George.

You should get him some of those little doggie icecream treats.

Country Girl said...

Unfortunately, I'm not at home now. My husband and my son.Shaun, are caring for our pup. I'm on a road trip with my friend, Karen. Donna, I'll get back to you with the breeder information. They live in Elsworth, Maine.

brneyedgal967 said...

Yes, these things must be done. I can understand why some guys can't take their little dude dogs to do the deed. Makes sense.